Our firm is equipped to handle many aspects of estate planning, including Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney and Health Care Powers of Attorney.
The following represents some of the services we provide:
- Wills, including guardianship provisions or trusts for families with small children
- Trusts for minor children and grandchildren
- Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Powers of Attorney (Living Wills)
- Revocable Living Trusts
Probate (Estate Administration and Litigation)
Our firm also provides assistance to families during the estate administration process. Following the death of a family member, we can assist the Personal Representative (Executor) in making certain that the estate is administered properly and that assets are distributed promptly to the beneficiaries.
We also represent families involved in litigation in the Probate Court, including cases involving the following:
- Defending or pursuing challenges to a Will (Will Contests)
- Interpretation of ambiguous provisions of a Will or Trust
- Disputes over the proper beneficiaries of estate assets, including retirement accounts (IRA’s 401(k)s), real estate
- Disputes over jointly owned bank accounts
- Persons omitted from a Will, including spousal elective share cases
- Petitions to approve the sale of real estate from an estate
Representative cases that our Law Firm has handled include:
- Represented family of deceased lottery winner in lawsuit to contest the decedent’s will and trust, that had allegedly been procured through undue influence.
- Defended the will of a decedent who had left his estate to his stepson.
- Represented personal representative in case to approve the sale of real estate, where the real estate was owned by numerous distant relatives who had inherited the property over many years.
Did you know that...
Bank accounts held in the name of more than one person (i.e. a joint bank account) will typically pass to the surviving account holder when one account holder dies, rather than passing under the Last Will and Testament of the deceased account holder.
Call us today for a free case evaluation